Revised September 19th, 2017
Planet-Ireland.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following information to understand how your personal information will be treated by us and our third party providers.
This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices for Planet-Ireland.com, and any other affiliated sites on which a link to this Privacy Statement appears (collectively, the “website”). Use of the website is subject to this privacy statement and the terms and conditions in effect at the time of use. This privacy statement is incorporated by reference in the terms and conditions. As used herein, “we,” “us,” and “our” refers to Planet-Ireland.com.
This Privacy Statement only applies to information collected on the website. For example, this privacy statement does not apply to information you may have provided when contacting us by mail or email.
II. What information do we collect?
Our primary goal in collecting information is to enhance your user experience on our Website.
A. Personally identifying information
We do not collect any personally identifying information from visitors to the website and do not share any information with third parties.
B. Tracking information
1. Cookies: Like many website operators, we use “cookies” to recognize your web browser. A “cookie” is a small piece of information that is stored in a designated file on your computer. Each cookie has a unique number with no meaning outside of the website. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information about our visitors.
2. Log Files: Like many website operators, we use tracking programs that collect information about log files, including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), referring/exit pages, platform types, date/time stamps, and number of clicks. The information that we collect regarding log files is not linked to personally identifying information.
3. Web Beacons/Web Bugs (Clear GIFs/ Single-Pixel GIFs): Advertisements that may appear on our website are sometimes delivered by third party advertisers. These third party advertisers may use web beacons or web bugs to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement in order to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. In this way, they may compile information about where individuals using your computer or browser saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. No personally identifying information is gathered through web beacons or web bugs.
C. E-mail Addresses
1. When do we collect your email address?: We do not automatically collect your email address. We obtain your email address only if you choose to provide it to us when you complete the ‘Contact Us’ forms on our website or when you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How do we use your email address?: If you choose to provide us with your email address, we may email you from time to time to provide additional information about the website and its contents; and provide information pertaining to website maintenance.
3. Can you opt out of receiving emails?: If you prefer not to receive direct communications sent by us, our advertisers or other third parties, you will be given an opportunity to decline at the time you provide any information.
If you decline at the time you provide us with information or choose to opt out later, you will not receive email or other communications sent directly by us or our advertisers utilizing information collected from our site.
4. How to opt out of emails: You can opt out of receiving emails at the time you provide your information or at any other time. When you submit personally identifying information, if the information might be used for emailing purposes, then you will be given the opportunity, at the time of submission, to decline to receive such communications. You can also choose to opt out later by including the word ‘Unsubscribe’ in the header of any email you send to us.
III. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
A. Purposes for Which Information Is Submitted
Personally identifying information that you voluntarily submit may be used for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. Personally identifying information may be shared with third-parties to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose(s) for which the information was submitted.
B. Facilitating Use of the Website and Customizing Content, Advertising and Offers
We may use information collected from cookies and other tracking technology to recognize your browser when you visit the Website and to facilitate easy login to the Website, to attempt to personalize the Website for each user, to ensure that your browser does or does not see the same ad over and over again, to sequence ads and offers in a series and to track page usage and paths.
C. Administrative Use and Communications Related to Your Use of the Website
We may use collected information for internal administrative purposes including site administration, troubleshooting and responses to user inquiries. We may also use collected information to send you communications related to your use of the Website or Content you post on the Website. We may also send you notifications about major changes to the Website and/or to the Privacy Statement.
In connection with these uses, third parties that provide support for the operation of the Website or features thereof may also have access to such information. In all cases, however, we will use the information only as permitted by law.
Our Website and associated services are hosted in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, your information will be processed and stored in the United States and you are consenting to such processing and storage.
D. Statistical Analysis
We may use collected information to create aggregate statistics about activity on and visitors to the Website, including, the number of return visits to the Website or our advertisers’ websites, the number of unique visitors that have viewed or “clicked” a particular ad or visited a particular web page and how much time is spent on each page of the Website. We may also create aggregate demographic statistics.
We may use these aggregate statistics to measure interest in various areas of the Website, to better design the Website and to improve our marketing strategy and product offerings. We may share the aggregate statistical information with third parties. We may also use third parties to assist us in collecting and using these aggregate statistics.
E. Information and Offers That May Be of Interest To You
If you voluntarily supply personally identifiable information that includes contact information, we may, from time to time, contact you or give your contact information to third parties so that they may contact you, to call your attention to products or services that may be of interest to you. When you submit personally identifying information, if the information might be used for this purpose, then you will be given the opportunity, at the time of submission, to decline to receive such communications by checking an “opt in” or “opt out” box. If you decline at that time, or if you chose to opt out later, you will not receive such communications utilizing information collected from the Website. You can choose to opt out later by including the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject line of any emails sent to us.
IV. THIRD PARTY COOKIES AND TRACKING
V. IS MY INFORMATION PROTECTED?
We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard personally identifying information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Personally identifying information may also be stored on computers of third parties that provide technical support for the operation of the Website. As effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. Moreover, we cannot guarantee that information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us.
As described above in Section III A, B, C, D and E, certain uses of collected information may involve disclosure to third parties. In addition, we may disclose collected information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or when doing so is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with the law or legal process; (2) respond to any claims; (3) protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of, Planet-Ireland.com and affiliates, as well as our customers, users or the public; or (4) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website. In addition, collected information may be disclosed as part of any bankruptcy, merger, sale, transfer of company assets or acquisition.
VII. THIRD PARTY SITES AND CONTENT
During your visit to the Website you may view as part of a frame that includes our content, certain content and websites that are actually created, operated, owned and/or hosted by a third party or third parties. You may also see links on the Website to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing personally identifying information.
VIII. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Children under the age of 13 should not send any any information about themselves to Planet-Ireland.com. This may include information such as your name, address, or e-mail address. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifying information from or about children under the age of 13. By submitting any personally identifying information, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age. If we discover that we have received any information from or about a child under 13 in violation of this statement, we will delete that information. If you believe that we have collected personally identifying information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at the address provided in the “Questions” section below.
IX. Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be amended or modified from time to time. Any such changes will be posted here and will be effective immediately unless a later effective date is specified.
If you have any more questions, please email our webmaster at email@example.com or write to:
P.O. Box 64345, Los Angeles, CA 90064
Updated on July 12th, 2016